Monday, January 15, 2007

wow

I am home from a trip to Hyden, KY for my first week of midwifery school. It was incredible and I can't believe I am finally living this dream. The week was very intense and packed full of history, new friends, laughter and a preview of the hard work to come. I was on a floor with 5 other women, Jan, Zada, Rebecca, Elizabeth and Lona.
We had to climb 3 flights of stairs multiple times a day to get to our rooms, and for those of you who know me well, you know that was a challenge for me--as out of shape as I am! There were people there from all over the USA and even 1 from Japan, she is stationed there with her husband. There were 3 of us that were transplanted from GA to various other states. No one else from ME, but Chris was from VT and she is already a CNM, coming back. Keep me in your thoughts as I pursue this journey, I am sure there will be many ups and downs and many days of studying! Here is a picture of me and my roommate, Jan.
Miss Kitty was there and told many stories about when she was at FNS and working with Mrs Breckenridge. It was great to listen to.
More to come when I get more. (I forgot 2 things and one of them was my camera...so I am depending on the other people to share with me!)

No comments: